Monday, April 9, 2012

Palm Fern Finally Coming Up!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Palm Fern Finally Coming Up!

This morning I would like to share a picture of my Palm Fern in my shade garden.  This tall fern variety is so very different from most ferns that you will see.  It is tall and elegant and has tiny leaves that are short on its tall fronds.  They stand vertically throughout its growth period.  This variety dies back in the late Fall, unlike other ferns that will stay green in your garden all year long. 

I just transplanted it from my back garden that was given up for our deck expansion last year.  Just praying that it would thrive and come back this Spring.  So, without further adoe, here is a picture of the elegant lady.  I will post of pic of it when it is fully grown.

I purchased this plant over 10 years ago at the Hudson, Ohio Garden Tour.  They always have a plant sale at one of their Elementary Schools.   Along with that a cookie and tea sitting that is always nice.

Hope you enjoy the picture.

Garden Gate Designs
www.gardengatedesigns.artfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment