Friday, April 20, 2012

Memory Stones

Friday, April 20, 2012

Memory Stones

Just wanted to share with you my Memory Stone that I purchased to honor my Mother after she passed away almost 9 years ago.  It used to be in my back garden before the deck extension.  Last year I gave it a place of honor in my side shade garden and placed hostas around it.  One of them is named Striptease.  My Mom had a ribauld sense of humor for all things of that nature and when I saw the Hosta at a local Garden Center I just knew it was perfect to remember her by with the stone.  

My Mother is were I acquired my love of nature and gardening.  She always had pretty gardens at the two homes I grew up in and a wonderful collection of house plants.  Some of the plants in my garden and in my home are from her last home after she passed on.  I have a red hot poker plant in the sunny spot up front and a beautiful Cala Lily Like Hosta in my shade garden that was in hers.

There are all kinds of Memory Stones that you can purchase if you are so inclined.  They really add another dimension to your gardens.  Mother's Day is next month and they do make wonderful gifts for your Mom whether she is still with you or not.

Rest in peace Mom.  You are forever in my heart.
Until next time.

Garden Gate Designs
www.gardengatedesigns.artfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment