Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Garden Entryway

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Garden Entryway

Today, I would like to feature my Garden Entryway Trellis.  I consider this to be the entryway into my "secret shade garden".  I purchased the arched trellis about 12 years ago from a discount club in my area.  It was such a good purchase at $200.00.  Most trellises of this kind run over $300.00 for the same kind.  It is made of heavy vinyl and has slats going up the sides for your vines to grow on.  When we originally had the little garden installed and the sandstone pathway, I had the contractors install the trellis.  The did footers with cement, insuring its permanent place in my garden. 

I have flame honeysuckle and two kinds of clematis growing up the sides.  By placing chicken wire over the top, it insures that the vines will be able to grow over the top.  In the early summer, it is quite beautiful with all the blooms lasting until the end of summer.  The hummingbirds that frequent my garden love it.

I always cut the vines down in laate Fall.

Hoping this inspires some of you to try a trellis in your garden!

Until next time.

Garden Gate Designs
www.gardengatedesigns.artfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment