Wednesday, May 23, 2012

More Critters in the Garden

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

More Critters in the Garden

As if I did not have enough "critters" in my garden, I have recently acquired a few more.  Some are brand new and some I just put out for the season.

For Mother's Day, my twin grandchildren and their Mom picked out a beautiful garden peacock.  I have named her "Jewel".  She is made of rust proof wire, has glass embellishments and stands about 2 feet in height.  A metal U-Stake came with Jewel to make sure her feet stay in the garden.

Next is a cute little "unnamed" box turtle that I picked up in the close out isle of a discount store.  He now resides on the rock next to my peony plant in the front garden that gets sun.

 I had the bottom half of a birdbath from my Mom's garden that I have always used for my sundial, but in recent years it has been the base for my glass garden snail.  He is also in the front garden behind a clump of Tritoma, or Torch Lily that were saved from my Mom's Garden.
Last, but not least, is my huge chubby frog made of resin that I purchased from a garden center years ago.  He has always resided on my front porch every season.  He always gets a pat on the head when I leave the house.  Love that froggy!

I don't know about you, but I always have to have some "little critters" in my garden to give it a "bit of whimsy"!

Until next time,

Garden Gate Designs
Check out my FAB HALF PRICE SALE in the ArtFire shop at: www.gardengatedesigns.artfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment