Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

DAILY MUSINGS ABOUT THE WEATHER,  OHIO VINEYARDS, DOUGLAS THE DACHSHUND AND NEW ITEMS IN MY ETSY SHOP

Good Wednesday morning my fellow bloggers and followers.  Well, I woke up to 3 inches of new snow this morning.  Yesterday, everything was devoid of any snow, so this is just frustrating.  I want to get out in my shade garden and clean it up for Spring (if it ever gets here). 

This has been a particularly harsh winter this year.  Even the Vineyards in Ohio are having a hard time.  It was just reported that they have lost almost all of their European vines that produce such wines as Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon, and Riesling, just to name of few.  It could take 4 years just to grow them back to producing stage. Ohio Vintners produce some great wines, but this coming year will be hard for them financially. 

Last week I was able to get some pretty good pictures of my little Grandog Douglas the Dachshund.  He does not cooperated very well with picture taking, but I finally got to take a few good pictures of his cute little face.  Of course, the doughnuts for St. Patrick's day (green shamrocks with green sprinkles) that I brought for my three Grandchildren helped quite a bit.  He was thinking something would fall on the floor and he could scarf it up. But, no such luck.  Douglas is on a strict diet lest he gain all kinds of weight which is bad for Dachshunds because of their long back.  At any rate, here are a few pictures of my favorite little dog.

 Awe fella's, saving a doughnut for me?  I am watching you!
 Please, please, please, just a crum of doughnut!
 Awe, so disappointed, not even a crum!  Good thing Grandma brought me a doggie treat!  I love my Grandma!


My Etsy shop has some new items in.  Have to fill it up again because I had a particularly large order from one person over the weekend.  I love the look of brass.  It is so warm and lends itself well to lots of different jewelry applications.  Here are just a few new items.  You can check them out at: www.gardengatedesigns.etsy.com



 These are "Inspiration" bracelets and are made to fit everyone. Fully adjustable by placing lobster clasp on any double link of the chain.  All have large Swarovski Faceted Crystals capped with Vintaj Brass flower bead caps as dangles.

Hoping you can check out my shop because 20% of all sales go to Rescued Rescuers: Dachshunds and Friends of the Emerald Isle.  You can catch them on Facebook and they are putting together another on line auction to benefit this wonderful Rescue Group.

Douglas the Dachshund would highly approve.
Until next time.
 
Rosemary, Garden Gate Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment