Sunday, May 22, 2011

SHADE GARDEN ALL FILLED IN






With all the rain we have had in the last month and a half, my little shade garden is all filled in and at the "max". Good thing I separated a lot of my plants last Fall, although you would never know it to look at it.

I wanted to show you a picture of my "Palm Fern" today. It is very tall and willowy. Very unusual. I purchased it at a Home and Garden Tour a few years ago and this Spring, I moved it from my back shade garden to my side shade garden.

Also, a picture of my black wrought iron bench that sits next to my Arbor. I have it in front of hostas and trellises filled with different clematises. One of them is an "Autumn Clematis" that blooms with tiny white flowers in the Fall and is very prolific. This Spring I was digging some of it up as it gets kind of invasive. I acquired it from a Garden Club friend a few years back. This year I hope to add another trellis to the left of the others for more clematis. Surrounding the hostas in front are large smooth round stones in various colors that were my Mom's Vacation Rock Collection. When she passed on I took them from her home and incorporated them in my garden as a remembrance of her. She and my Dad traveled a lot in their retirement years and they were brought back from Arizona and New Mexico.

I hope to have pictures of my newly acquird flower baskets and mandevil vine that I purchsed over the weekend for my gardens.

Hoping you enjoyed a little trip through my garden.

Rosemary, Garden Gate Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment