Saturday, April 30, 2011

SPRING GARDEN







My little shade garden is almost all up and lots of flowers are blooming already. Last Fall I dug out and divided a lot of plants in this garden. Everything had grown together. I, also, took out a kajillion brunnera plants like the one above with the little blue dancing flowers. They are a very invasive plant once they get established in your garden. Their seeds drop after blooming and they spread throughout your garden. I was working in the garden today and dug up lots and lots of babies. They just keep popping up!

I have two helliabores or lenten roses in my garden. The large one is Apple Blossom and the small one is a hybrid and is much darker in color than the picture above depicts.

There are several different kinds of bleeding hearts in the garden, also. Old fashioned with very deep pink blooms, chartreuse leaves with pink and white flowering varieties.

Managed to work in the garden today and got all the weeds out and the brush. Need to mulch in a couple of weeks. This garden has never been properly mulched, but, I feel that it really needs it and that the mulch would keep the Brunnera from spreading like it does.

Hope you enjoyed seeing some of my plants. In a few days, I will post another blog entry with more pictures from that garden.

Until then, Happy Gardening!

Rosemary, Garden Gate Designs
www.gardengatedesigns.artfire.com

1 comment:

  1. I don't do much gardening, but I love spring! Your pics are great!

    ReplyDelete