Sunday, April 17, 2011

Farewell Little Garden

The back shade garden is finally gone. Today, members of the Nordonia Hills Garden Club came and dug out my entire back garden, dividing and potting up all the choice little shade plants that have thrived there for the last eleven years.

The Garden Club's Annual Plant sale is the first weekend in May and I had decided to donate all the plants to them for their sale. This aftertoon, six garden club members, along with the gal who heads up the garden club sale came with their pots and soil, gloves and shovels and spent two hours digging everything out of the garden.

It was amazing to see just how many plants there were afterwards, all in their new pots, ready to be labeled and sold to gardeners in the area for their gardens. Nice to know that my plant collection will all have new homes. I shall miss the little garden, but, as I wrote about in an earlier blog, it has become too difficult for me to garden in it as it is on a slant.

We have decided to extend our decks and now I will have room for a real seating area and lots of container gardens. So, goodbye hostas, ferns, epidemiums, solomon's seal, jack-in-the-pulpit, trillium, wild ginger, ground nettle, bee balm, shasta daisy and any that I may have forgotten about. It has been a great 11 years having you all in my garden, coming up every Spring and filling in every Summer.

Many thanks to Lillian, Jackie, Betty, Wayne and Carrie. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I could not have managed it without all you wonderful garden club members.

Now, time to call for deck estimates! Yeh! I will be posting pictures during and of the finished product. Should be a great Summer outdoors this year!

Rosemary, Garden Gate Designs
www.gardengatedesigns.artfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment