Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sunflowers on a Rainy Day

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sunflowers on a Rainy Day

Today is a rainy, miserable day in Northeast Ohio.  I just know that these sunflowers will cheer everyone up this morning.  Enjoy!

I would like to share with you pictures of the last Sunflowers in my son and daughter-in-laws garden.  Now, my son is not a gardener, but, earlier this Summer my Grandaughter and I were shopping at a local garden center and she asked if we could purchase some Sunflower Seeds.  Her Dad had requested them and wanted to plant them around the house for my Daughter-in-Law.  They are her favorite flowers in the whole world.  Now, there is a very thoughtful husband for you! Well, the first crop came up and were about to bloom, when the deer got to them.  They did grow back and I took pictures of the very last blooms that were brought to my house in a vase.



  I just love their colorful faces.  When the sun is out, their faces reach upwards to cheer us up.  If you let them dry n your garden, the chickadees and nuthatches will enjoy the sunflower seeds that they produce.
 
Rosemary, Garden Gate Designs at: www.gardengatedesigns.artfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment