Thursday, March 24, 2011

A New Beginning


Well, my husband and I finally made the decision to expand our decks around the side and back of our home this year. That means that my back shade garden will have to go. That is where the expansion will take place. Fortunately, our local Garden Club will be sending out a work party next month to pot up all the plants to sell at their annual Plant Sale. I am so excited that they will all have new homes in someone elses gardens and that I won't have to just pitch them.

If any of you have followed my blog for sometime now, you have seen pictures of that back garden when it is fully grown. I have posted a picture from last year.

The back garden is on a slant and I find that the older I get, the harder it is for me to garden there. It is with a sigh of relief that it will be replaced with an extension of our decking. This will allow us to have a seating area overlooking our streamed ravine. I really love container gardening and this would give me the chance to do more of it. As the project proceeds, I will be posting additions to my blog along with pictures. We are really excited at the prospect of spending our Summers out there on the deck enjoying our "wee beasties" in our wooded, streamed ravine.

Do check back soon for more updates. Until then .......

Rosemary, Garden Gate Designs
www.gardengatedesigns.artfire.com

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Garden! Lucky you. :) I wish we had space for one.
    Thanks for being my first follower on Dinkalulu.
    http://dinkalulu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dinkalulu, unfortunately, the garden is going! I do have a side shade garden that I am keeping. Sometimes things just gotta change. Thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a shaded area in our back yard...however, the plants I would like to put in are also liked very much by the deer in our area!! I'm participating in the “Week-End Blog Hop” and I’m now the newest GFC follower of your great site. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog, have a look around and maybe follow me back!!
    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete