Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gardens in Springtime - 2010







Sunday, May 23, 2010

Finally got my new computer back and was able to download some recent pictures of my shade/sun gardens. This year, the back shade garden has become part sun due to the fact that we had to cut down a large dead tree to the side of the garden. The tree housed little red squirrels for the last several years and after the tree was felled, they never came back to our wooded ravine. I do miss them dearly. They were so much fun to watch. This year, we have a new squirrel "on the block". A small black squirrel has invaded our ravine. This is the first time we have had a black squirrel.

In my back garden I had a lot of different ferns of which I dug out and either transplanted into my side shade garden, or pitched in the ravine hoping they would root themselves. That left the center of the garden empty. I have always wanted plants for sun, and purchased a monarda (bee balm) in red, two shasta daisys in white, a black eyed susan, cone flower, gallardia, purple salvia, pincushion plant and bellflower. They should be flowering soon and I cannot wait to see them. I do hope the hummingbirds like them also. In my next blog I will be showing you my side shade garden. Hoping you enjoy my pictures.

Rosemary, Garden Gate Designs
www.gardengatedesigns.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely! We are doing a lot of gardening here too! My favorite is the hydrangea, but ours doesn't bloom because it doesn't get enough sun hidden under a birch tree! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Post pictures when they bloom :)

    We have red squirrels here - hundreds of them. I love watching all their little drams - there were three yesterday running around chasing easch other all day - I like to think it was a love triangle gone wrong...

    ReplyDelete