Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Changing Garden-Nothing Stays the Same Forever








Tuesday, April 7, 2010

Today I spent most of the afternoon cleaning up my back "shade" garden only to discover that it truly has changed from a very shaded garden to one that has sun most of the day. The winter before last we had to have my "squirrel" tree cut down to about five feet. No more tree squirrels, no more shade. I finally came to a decision to rip out some of my shade plants that were doing terrible because of no shade making way for sun perennials that I have wanted for years. Gone are the ferns (they are now in the ravine), soon the trillium and jack-in-the-pulpits will be moved to the very shaded side garden, as will the diplodocus. The hostas can stay and the wild ginger and nettle groundcovers. This is a picture of the garden last year.

I am thinking "butterfly garden". So excited at the prospect of having bee balm, daisies, cone flowers, etc.


My supply shop has some wonderful dyed candy jade beads. Here are a few. You might want to check them out as they are sure to go fast. Already sold a few of them.

Rosemary, Garden Gate Designs
www.gardengatedesigns.etsy.com

1 comment:

  1. I love the dyed jade beads. I recently made a necklace with dyed agate and they look just like Smarties...yum!

    ReplyDelete