Sunday, March 8, 2009

Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Apricots and White Chocolate

Sunday, March 8, 2009

I don't know if any of you subscribe to Martha Stewart Living Magazine, but, I tried one of her new cookie receipes last week and I have gotten quite a few friends and family members asking me for the receipe. Hope you try this. The cookies are unbelievably scrumptious!

Makes about 4 dozen depending on how big the spoonfuls of dough are.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal (not instant)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
8 ounces (2-sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
8 ounces white chocolate, chopped ( I used white chocolate morsels)
7 ounces dried apricots, preferably California, chopped ( 1 1/2 cups) I used Mediteranean.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, oatmeal, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Cream butter and sugars with a mixer until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs, and beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture gradually, beating until just combined. Stir in chocolate and apricots. Cover, and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.

2. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets,(I did not have any on hand, so, I just dropped them onto ungreased cookie sheets) spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are golden brown around the edges but still soft in the center, 14-16 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack, let cool. Cookies will keep, covered, for up to 1 week.

My grandchildren and sons and husband just loved them. They did not last long in the pantry. Hoping you will try them.

www.gardengatedesigns.etsy.com for jewelry and supplies
www.gardengatedesigns.artfire.com for vintage like jewelry

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you didn't post a pic. I would be trying to get my hands on some right now! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete